After choosing a rehab facility, the next step of treatment for most people is to check into rehab. After choosing and being accepted by a treatment facility, it’s normal to have many questions about the process, so we’ve taken the time to answer some common questions about the admissions process below. As always, we would love to speak with you directly, and you can call Changing Tides at 252-389-8046.
Talk to a Professional About How to Check into Rehab
Contact a treatment expert who can discuss the types of treatments that are available as well as the addiction therapy services and amenities that may benefit you or your loved one.
Some common therapies may include:
- Group therapy
- Individual drug counseling
- Trauma therapy
- Family counseling sessions
- Psychoeducational instruction
- Experiential therapy
Treatment options vary, but some include:
- Day Treatment/ Partial hospitalization (residential rehab)
- General outpatient
- Intensive outpatient treatment
You should consider these closely and decide what you’re looking for in a treatment facility after speaking with a professional.
Verify Your Finances
The next step of the intake process is to verify your finances to determine if you are paying on your own or through insurance coverage. Self-pay patients may take this time to set up a payment schedule or pay up front for the services that they’ll be receiving.
If you’ll be using insurance, an insurance verification of benefits will be submitted to your health insurer. It takes around 24 hours for the verification to be returned to the facility. At that point, we can sit down and discuss any out-of-pocket expenses, coinsurance or copayments and set up payment plans in advance of treatment. We will also discuss:
- Any possible scholarships for patients
- How your credit score may be impacted by seeking treatment
- The general cost of rehab
- If your insurance carrier is in- or out-of-network
- The level of care being recommended for you
- Your deductible
- What you can do if you can’t afford rehabilitation with a certain provider
We want to make the process easy for you, so please ask any questions you have about financing your recovery.
Take the Pre-admission Assessment
After the financial aspects of treatment are finalized, you’ll move on to pre-admission. The pre-intake screening may be conducted in a few ways, including on the phone or in person. This screening discusses information that helps treatment professionals decide which kinds of treatment would best suit the patient. Some of the information collected during this call includes:
- The patient’s treatment history
- The patient’s drug history
- The types of drugs abused
- The patient’s family life
- Legal issues the patient is going through
- Possible underlying mental or emotional disorders
- Employment conditions affecting the patient
- A list of current medications
- A history of any trauma or abuse
- The family history of drug abuse or addiction
- A description of family life
- Information on any medical issues the patient deals with
- The patient’s history of psychiatric care
This assessment normally lasts between 20 and 40 minutes and is completely confidential.
Receive an Admission Date
Once financial discussions and an approval for the facility have occurred, you will be given an admission date. A time for admission will also be set. At this time, you should begin making travel arrangements. Whoever sets up the admission should set up travel as well, but we are happy to help you find some options to help you reach our rehab center in NC safely from wherever you’re coming from.
When you receive an admission date, it’s time to tie up any loose ends, such as letting your employer know about your time away and setting up payments for debts during the time you’ll be in treatment. If applicable, you should also arrange child and pet care, which helps reduce stress and ensures you’re prepared to focus on treatment when you arrive.
Travel to the Facility on the Admission Date
When the admission date arrives, it’s time to travel to the facility. Arrive on time. If there are any problems with your travel arrangements, reach out to us so we can arrange a different admission time.
Contact Changing Tides to Discuss Checking Into Rehab
We hope this helped you understand how to get into rehab. At Changing Tides, we’re always happy to discuss your options and are here to help. Complete our contact form or call us for your free consultation. We look forward to helping you find your path on the road to sobriety.