At Changing Tides, we have seen people get caught up in a cycle of drug and alcohol addiction treatment, relapse, and cycle down into abuse and addiction again and again. Part of the issue is that if you go through addiction treatment programs but don’t integrate everything you learn into your life in a comprehensive way, you may be setting yourself up for failure. Couple that truth with the restrictive nature of traditional North Carolina alcohol rehab centers and it’s not surprising that this cycle exists for many people.
In a traditional addiction treatment center, you may find that you’re spending more time learning rules and abiding by them than anything else. Restrictions against using phones, mobile devices, or computers can keep you out of all the loops, and you’re also not allowed access to a car. Real-life situations are limited or nonexistent. In some cases, you’re not allowed to have a cup of coffee to wake you up in the morning. While these restrictions are meant to be therapeutic so you can concentrate on alcohol rehabilitation and recovery, they can make it harder to take your inpatient lessons about sobriety and integrate them into real life. Once you leave the treatment center, you’ll have constant contact with friends, family members, and others and have to learn to live with temptations and distractions.
At Changing Tides, we believe for many people, it’s easier to work through substance abuse treatment centers in North Carolina without so many restrictions. It’s not about limiting your world so that you won’t use it again. It’s about learning to find life balance and enjoyment without drinking in a real-life environment right next to the ocean. But to do that, you have to break the cycle that’s keeping you in addiction in the first place.
And we can help.
A Holistic Approach to Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs
Our North Carolina drug rehab approaches addiction recovery with a different philosophy and offers unique, holistic residential rehab and recovery. That doesn’t mean we don’t use valued and proven treatment methods. In fact, our inpatient rehab services are backed by research and data, though we design every residential treatment plan to meet individual needs and goals. We offer:
- Medical support for alcoholism withdrawal can make a huge difference in the success of the first few days or weeks of inpatient treatment
- Multiple options for integrating AA into your recovery during an inpatient stay so you’re on more solid ground with support options when you leave — including meditation and yoga-inspired AA groups
- Process-based therapy sessions managed by counselors with master’s level education
- An emphasis on including your family and loved ones as much as appropriate
- Certified alternative therapies that help you find unique ways to delve into the root causes of alcohol use and develop healthier coping mechanisms
Plus, when you stay at our beachside rehab in North Carolina, you get the benefit of living on our beachfront property and possibly even in a private suite. It’s literally a 10-yard walk to the beach, where we have a private deck for holding meetings or yoga sessions or simply for watching the sunrise on the day. At our alcohol rehab facility, we take a different approach. We lessen certain restrictions to give you the comfort of being in a real-world environment that’s still serene and safe enough to foster growth and change.
Some things you can expect at Changing Tides that aren’t typically the case at North Carolina inpatient treatment facility locations include:
- Free time to relax or enjoy time with peers who are in rehab with you or your visiting family members and friends
- Use of your own vehicle after you have completed our primary alcohol rehab program for managing appointments or making trips to the store after you’ve established a baseline during the first month of rehab
- Access to your own devices, such as smartphones or laptops, as long as their impact is neutral or positive and doesn’t interfere negatively with your recovery
- A full kitchen in your private suite where you make your own meals
- Help with meal planning from the staff to foster healthy eating habits that can have a positive impact on addiction recovery
- Housekeeping of your suite weekly to reduce your need to focus on chores instead of recovery
- The ability to bring certain pets, including fish, dogs and cats, with you during recovery
What Makes Changing Tides Different
Our Supportive Staff is Here to Help You Through Alcohol Treatment
All these benefits are available alongside access to our educated staff. While we want to encourage your freedom to explore alcohol rehab and recovery in your own way, we also want you to know that our supportive staff is always ready to provide assistance and help you navigate addiction therapy, rehab options and some of the more difficult parts of recovery.
Our Residential Rehab Programs Include Family Therapy
Some rehabs leave family mostly out of the picture, but at Changing Tides, we know that a support network is critical to long-term success with recovery. We also know that when someone struggles with alcohol addiction, the entire family can be impacted. While we do encourage you to concentrate wholly on your rehab for a week or two, getting through medically assisted detox if needed and grounding yourself in therapy and healthier habits, after that, we typically welcome family visits.
Family members are encouraged to visit and participate in long-term rehab and may even be able to stay with you overnight or for a few days. This is especially true on the weekends when we dial back structured activity to provide more recreational and free time.
The True Cost of Alcohol Abuse
The true cost of alcohol abuse may be hard to see when you’re caught in the cycle of addiction. But continuing to stay in the addiction cycle and deal with the harmful alcohol symptoms and effects can result in more than financial losses: You could lose your job, your career, your relationships, and family, your reputation, your health, your freedom or even your life.
There Are Ways to Pay for Rehab Center Services
Don’t wait until you lose even more to addiction to take a step away from the cycle. There are options, and paying for drug rehab in North Carolina may be more possible than you realize — especially since most major medical plans do cover addiction treatment.
We provide effective alcohol treatment services to these areas and more: Fayetteville, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Durham, Charlotte, Asheville, Blue Ridge, Wilmington & Raleigh, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Harbinger, Corolla, Elizabeth City, Manteo, Currituck, and Camden.